Setting: Geneva Terrace
I pawned his number off on Katie. I would say I did it to help with my self control...but that would be a lie. I have none. So I gave it to Katie. Then I deleted all traces of him from my phone. Sure it sounds extreme, but I know myself. If I have the temptation, I will give in. I like to mess with my head.
We will see what impact one week without his number can have. I'll call it a social experiment and hate every second of it. But, it will make me feel less clingy, and it will make up for the annoyances I laid on him this weekend.
When you live the life of a hermit, communication skills generally become rather rudimentary. Mine usually ride the range of technology. I feel safe in the world of black and white blinking cursors. There, things are black and white. What I write is what I mean. If there is a suggestion of something deeper, it can be uncovered in the permanent pages. Face to face conversations, and (god forbid!) phone calls, make my life a living hell. Suddenly body language can tell a story that contrasts tone of voice. You can lose yourself not only in the juxtaposition of contradictions, but you may also lose the tried and true signs of attraction—signs which I recently sleuthed the Internet for. (A bit ridiculous? I was desperate. And I flirt like a broken faucet.)
I should have a button that says, “Don’t talk to me. I’m Awkward.” Someone better watch out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Share what you think. I would love to hear what you have to say.